- 18 years or older
- U.S. citizen, or hold a current green card, student visa or work visa
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a background check and provide contact information for two professional or academic references
- Ability to volunteer at least 50 hours per year; otherwise, $60
- Volunteer Membership fee will be required the following year to continue in the program.
- Willingness to be outside and enthusiastic during entire shift, regardless of the weather
- Note: We do not offer one-time community court-appointed or school service opportunities
- Unlimited Volunteer admission to Marineland Dolphin Adventure and Georgia Aquarium while an active volunteer
- Ability to earn free daily admission tickets for friends or family members
- Training on operations, animal care and conservation
- Award and recognition program
- Volunteer Newsletter
- Best of all, you will have the opportunity to work with talented, dedicated individuals devoted to bringing the important message of conservation of our aquatic resources to our thousands of guests!
- Complete our online volunteer application.
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend an information session & orientation class at Marineland, which covers our volunteer opportunities, pre-requisites, benefits, requirements & introduction to the culture of Georgia Aquarium and Marineland.
- Volunteers are required to pay a non-refundable Volunteer Membership Fee of $60 and sign a Volunteer Commitment Form.
- The Membership fee will cover your background check and first set of uniforms.
- Submit background check consent form & copy of your current U.S. issued Photo ID. Background checks typically take approximately 1-2 weeks.
- Complete any other training classes and pre-requisites required for your chosen position. Volunteer Program staff will communicate with you via email to keep you informed as you move through the application and training process.
What else should I be aware of before I apply to volunteer?
- Volunteers must confirm and secure all necessary means of transportation before applying.
- Volunteers are required to follow the uniform guidelines and other policies and procedures of Marineland Dolphin Adventure and Georgia Aquarium.
- Most volunteer shifts are scheduled in four-hour increments.
Volunteer positions are based on the interests of the volunteer, the skills required, scheduling, seniority and, if required, an interview.
- Seniority is determined by the date the volunteer began his/her service and the number of hours served.
- All volunteers are expected to: interact with the guests proactively, offer assistance rather than waiting for it to be requested; assist guests with the highest level of guest service; represent the facility positively.
- We hope that you will join our team! Apply now to become a Marineland Dolphin Adventure Volunteer!
For questions regarding our volunteer program, contact Terran McGinnis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-417-2560.