The Dolphin Encounter program is designed for all ages, and to learn by having fun! Meet these fantastic animals as you interact with them in shallow waters. The interaction is performed on an underwater platform, so you don’t have to worry if you’re not a swimmer. One of the activities you’ll perform with these intelligent creatures is the hand target, in which the dolphin will come up to touch your hand with its rostrum.
- All participants must wear a life jacket supplied by Marineland Dolphin Adventure
- Participants under 48″ must be accompanied by a paying participant over age 18.
- Young children age 3-4 may accompany adults as a non-paying participant in the Dolphin Encounter as long as they fit in a life jacket supplied by Marineland Dolphin Adventure and are held throughout the duration of the program. They will not require a Dolphin Encounter ticket. Interaction will be limited for the young child.
*Please note: Children under 48″ may need to be held and may not be able to complete all behaviors.
Program Length: Approximately 30 minutes.
Groups: At Marineland, we have groups of approximately 10 people.
- Please arrive at least 60 minutes prior to your program’s scheduled start time to allow time to check in. Failure to do so could result in exclusion from the program with no refund or exchange.
- Come in your swimwear as it is required. Please bring your own towel. Lockers and/or cubbies are available for personal gear.
- Guests may not bring in their own wetsuit to use during our in-water programs. If you wish to have a wetsuit during your program, Marineland will provide one for your use.
- At Marineland Dolphin Adventure, for the health and safety of our animals, all loose items and jewelry be removed prior to the start of all dolphin interactions.
- For safety reasons pregnant women should not participate in any in-water dolphin interactive programs. Please contact us by phone if you have any questions.
- All participants will be photographed during their interaction by our professional staff photographers. Guests may not bring personal cameras into dolphin program areas. Photos are available for purchase at the end of the program.
- View the Animal Encounters FAQ for more information.
Special Needs: For everyone’s safety and comfort, please advise us if there are any emotional, behavioral, or physical conditions that could affect a guest’s participation so we may make appropriate accommodations. To make a reservation with special needs, please contact us at 407-563-4701, ext. 116.