You’ve heard it said that being a dolphin trainer must be the coolest job in the world, and now you have the opportunity to find out firsthand while participating in Marineland’s Trainer for a Day program.
Your day starts with a guided tour and then the fun begins with our training crew. You will play a role in the activities that fill a marine mammal specialist’s day, such as preparing meals, feeding animals, attending an animal training lecture, observing and tracking program behaviors, creating enrichment devices for dolphins, assisting in record keeping, and most importantly, encountering dolphins!
Every day is different in the life of a trainer, so no two programs will ever be alike. You’ll be given a Trainer for a Day tank top to wear with your bathing suit, and the crew will provide you with photos from your day on the job. By the end of your day, you’ll know who has the best job in the world. Advance reservations are highly recommended. Due to demand, spaces may not be available on a walk-in basis.
Pricing: $485 + tax (includes free Behind the Seas Park Pass and FREE PARKING )
Additional days may be purchased for a discounted rate of $400/day.
Age Requirements: All participants must be age 13 or older.
Program Length: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Swimwear is required. Please bring your own towel. Lockers are available for personal gear.
- It is our policy at Marineland Dolphin Adventure, for the health and safety of our animals we strongly recommend that all loose items and jewelry be removed prior to the start of all dolphin interactions. Waterproof watches and medical alert bracelets are ok. Guests participating in dolphin interactions that occur in the water (In Water Touch and Play and Immersion programs) may be required to wear a wetsuit to cover up a bracelet or piercing. A wedding band or piercing that physically cannot be removed is also ok but all attempts must be made to remove the items first before interacting with dolphins. But, if the ring has any gem stones that could potentially scratch the dolphins it will be wrapped with a medical self-adhesive tape.
- Please bring a snack or lunch with you.
- All participants will be photographed during their interaction by our professional staff photographers. Guests may not bring personal cameras into dolphin program areas.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your program’s scheduled start time to allow time to check in. Failure to do so could result in exclusion from the program with no refund or exchange.
- View the Dolphin Encounters FAQ for more information.
Special Needs: For everyone’s safety and comfort, please advise us if there are any emotional, behavioral, or physical conditions that could affect a guest’s participation so we may make appropriate accommodations. To make a reservation with special needs, please contact us at 904-471-1111, ext. 116.