Join the experts to learn all about our coastal natural world! Presented in partnership with GTM Research Reserve, our lecture series features a different topic and speaker each month. In these informative classes, guests will learn fascinating facts about marine life, our local ecosystem and our oceans. Plus, our lecture series is completely free!
When: September – May, Third Tuesday of each month:
- September 17, 2019: The History of the GTM Research Reserve
- October 15, 2019: The Amp’s Community Involvement and Sustainability Efforts
- November 19, 2019: Invasives: Not In Your Backyard
- December 17, 2019: City of St. Augustine Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- January 21, 2020: The St. Augustine Lighthouse
- February 18, 2020: Impact by Design’s Director of Behavior Change
- March 17, 2020: Flagler College Professor Dr. Ed McGinley, “Now you see me, now you don’t: sampling to capture the effects of time”
- April 21, 2020: Living with Snakes and Alligators
- May 19, 2020: Dr. Maia McGuire, “Beachcombing: Fun, Fabulous, and Freaky Finds!”
Where: GTMNERR Field Office: 9741 Oceanshore Blvd
(The grey building, just south of Marineland Dolphin Adventure on the west side of A1A)
**Please note that although the lectures are no longer held at Marineland Dolphin Adventure, all attendees will receive passes good for complimentary admission to Marineland!**
Time: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Reservations: Classes are completely FREE to attend but space is limited so reservations are required. Please note that future reservations will not be available until the previous month’s lecture has been completed. Please call 904-823-4500 with any questions.